(a) The Secretary shall limit the shipment of potatoes as set forth in this subpart whenever he finds from the recommendation and information submitted by the committee, or from other available information, that it would tend to effectuate the declared policy of the act:
(1) To regulate, in any or all portions of the production area the handling of particular grades, sizes, qualities or maturity of any or all varieties of potatoes during any period;
(2) To regulate the handling of particular grades, sizes, qualities or maturities of any or all varieties of potatoes, or for any combination of the foregoing during any period in the States of Oregon and Idaho which have been shipped from the production area to specified locations therein for grading or storage pursuant to § 946.54;
(3) To regulate the handling of particular grades, sizes, qualities or maturities of any or all varieties differently for: Different portions of the production area, different uses or outlets, different packs or for any combination of the foregoing, during any period;
(4) To regulate the handling of potatoes by establishing in terms of grades, sizes, or both, minimum standards of quality and maturity.
(5) To regulate the size, capacity, weight, dimensions, pack, and marking or labeling of the container, or containers, which may be used in the packing or handling of potatoes, or both.
(b) The Secretary may amend any regulation issued under this subpart whenever he finds that such amendment would tend to effectuate the declared policy of the act. The Secretary may also terminate or suspend any regulation whenever he finds that such regulation obstructs or no longer tends to effectuate the declared policy of the act.
(c) The Secretary shall notify the committee of any such regulation issued pursuant to this section and the committee shall give reasonable notice thereof to handlers.
[37 FR 10917, June 1, 1972, as amended at 70 FR 41134, July 18, 2005]
Title 7 published on 2014-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 7.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.