(1) It shall be the marketing policy for the production area to maintain a general cull regulation in effect prohibiting the handling of potatoes for fresh market, except as otherwise provided in this subpart, which do not meet the requirements of the U.S. No. 2, or better, grade, 11/2 inches minimum diameter and larger.
(2) Upon recommendation of the Colorado Potato Committee, or on other available information, the general cull regulation may be suspended or modified by the Secretary during a specified period with respect to any or all varieties of potatoes.
(b)Area marketing policies. Each season prior to or at the same time as initial recommendations are made pursuant to § 948.21, each area committee shall submit to the Secretary a report setting forth the marketing policy it deems desirable for the industry to follow in handling the respective area's potatoes during the ensuing season. Additional reports shall be submitted from time to time if it is deemed advisable by an area committee to adopt a new marketing policy because of changes in the demand and supply situation with respect to potatoes. The committee shall publicly announce the submission of each such marketing policy report and copies thereof shall be available at the committee's office for inspection by any producer or any handler. In determining each such marketing policy the committee shall give due consideration to the following:
(1) Supply of potatoes by grade, size, quality, and maturity in the respective area, in the production area, and in other areas;
(2) Market prices for fresh potatoes, including grower, shipping point, and terminal market prices by grade, size, and quality in different packs or in different containers;
(3) Market prices for potatoes in other outlets, including growers' and other market price levels by grade, size, and quality;
(4) The trend and level of consumer income;
(5) Establishing and maintaining such orderly marketing conditions for potatoes as will be in the public interest; and
(6) Other relevant factors.
Title 7 published on 2014-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 7.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.