(a) Whenever free and reserve percentages are in effect during a marketing year substandard walnuts meeting the requirements of § 984.450 may be delivered by a handler to the Board for pooling at any time during the year and the disposition credited to the handler's reserve obligation.
(b) The Board shall maintain a list of approved crushers, livestock feed manufacturers and livestock feeders, and of the locations of the facilities within the area of production to which substandard walnuts may be shipped. The Board may deny approval to any applicant or remove any approved crusher, feed manufacturer, or feeder from the list when such denial or removal is deemed necessary to insure control of substandard walnut disposition or the Board determines that substandard walnuts are not shipped to such facilities. Substandard walnuts disposed of to an approved crusher, livestock feed manufacturer, or livestock feeder, may only be shipped directly to an approved location where the crushing, feed manufacture, or feeding is to take place. Applications for approval to crush, manufacture livestock feed, or feed substandard walnuts shall be submitted to the Board on a form prescribed by the Board and which includes the location and a description of the disposal facilities to be used and a certification to the Board and the Secretary of Agriculture that the applicant will:
(1) Crush, manufacture feed, or feed such walnuts at the location;
(2) Use such walnuts for no other purpose than for crushing into oil, manufacturing into livestock feed, or livestock feeding;
(3) Permit such inspection of his premises and of walnuts received and held by him, and such examination of his books and records covering walnut transactions as the Board may require;
(4) Keep a record of his receipts, holdings, and use of substandard walnuts available for examination by authorized representatives of the Board and the U.S. Department of Agriculture for a period of two years after the end of the marketing year in which the recorded transactions are completed; and
(5) Make such reports, certified to the Board and the Secretary as to their correctness, as the Board may require.
(c) Each handler who disposes of substandard walnuts to an approved crusher, livestock feed manufacturer or livestock feeder shall upon shipment report to the Board on CWB Form No. 20, the quantities disposed of or shipped.
[41 FR 54476, Dec. 14, 1976, as amended at 74 FR 56696, Nov. 3, 2009]
Title 7 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.