(a) On or before the first Tuesday of each July, the committee shall prepare and submit to the Secretary a report setting forth its recommended marketing policy for the ensuing crop year. If it becomes advisable to modify such policy, because of changed demand, supply, or other conditions, the committee shall formulate a new policy and shall submit a report thereon to the Secretary. Notice of the committee's marketing policy, and of any modifications thereof, shall be given promptly by reasonable publicity to producers, dehydrators, and handlers.
(b) In formulating its marketing policy for the ensuing crop year, the committee shall consider and shall include in its report to the Secretary, the following estimates (natural condition basis) and recommendations:
(10) The quantity of prunes to be withheld as reserve prunes so as to protect against errors of estimation and permit orderly marketing of the supply;
(11) The recommended salable and reserve percentages;
(12) The quantity of prune plums, dried weight basis, deemed desirable to be diverted pursuant to § 993.62;
(13) Any recommended change in regulations pursuant to §§ 933.49 to 993.53, inclusive;
(14) The probable assessable tonnage for the purposes of § 993.81; and
(15) The current prices for prunes, the trend and level of consumer income, whether producer prices are likely to exceed parity, and such other factors as may have a bearing on the marketing of prunes or the administration of this part.
[30 FR 9798, Aug. 6, 1965, as amended at 37 FR 862, Jan. 20, 1972]