9 CFR 105.1 - Suspension or revocation.
prev | next
(a) An establishment license, product license, or permit issued under the Virus-Serum-Toxin Act may be formally suspended or revoked after opportunity for hearing has been accorded the licensee or permittee as provided in part 123 of this subchapter if the Secretary is satisfied that the license or permit is being used to facilitate or effect the preparation, sale, barter, exchange, shipment, or importation contrary to said Act of any worthless, contaminated, dangerous, or harmful biological product. Such use may be found to exist if:
(1) The construction of the establishment in which the biological product is prepared is defective, or the establishment is not conducted as required by the regulations in parts 101 through 118 of this subchapter;
(2) The methods of preparation of the product are faulty, or the product contains impurities or lacks potency;
(3) The product is so labeled or advertised as to mislead or deceive the purchaser in any particular;
(4) The licensee, permittee, or the foreign manufacturer has failed to maintain and make available for inspection records in connection with the development and preparation of product, has failed to provide complete and accurate information when requested, or has failed to provide complete and accurate information in the Outline of Production or in reports and records;
(5) The licensee or permittee has violated or failed to comply with any provision of the Virus-Serum-Toxin Act or the regulations in this subchapter;
(6) The license or permit is otherwise used to facilitate or effect the preparation, sale, barter, exchange, shipment, or importation, contrary to the Virus-Serum-Toxin Act, of any worthless, contaminated, dangerous, or harmful biological product.
(b) In case of willfulness or where the public health, interest, or safety so required the Secretary may, without hearing, informally suspend such establishment license, product license, or permit upon the grounds set forth in paragraph (a) of this section pending determination of formal proceedings under part 123 of this subchapter for suspension or revocation of the license or permit.
Title 9 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.