(a) Delegations of authority. The Secretary of Agriculture and Under Secretary for Food Safety have delegated to the Administrator of the Food Safety and Inspection Service the responsibility for exercising the functions of the Secretary of Agriculture under various statutes (see 7 CFR 2.7, 2.18, and 2.53 ).
(b) Implementing regulations. This chapter of title 9 of the Code of Federal Regulations (9 CFR chapter III) includes, in addition to administrative rules, rules and regulations that implement provisions of the following statutes:
(1) The Federal Meat Inspection Act, as amended (FMIA) (21 U.S.C. 601et seq. ), except provisions pertaining to the inspection and certification of the condition of animals for export, and related legislation;
(2) The Poultry Products Inspection Act, as amended (PPIA) (21 U.S.C. 451et seq. );
(3) The Egg Products Inspection Act, as amended (EPIA) (21 U.S.C. 1031et seq. ), except for the shell egg surveillance program, voluntary laboratory analyses of egg products, and the voluntary grading program;
(5) The Talmadge-Aiken Act (7 U.S.C. 450 ), with respect to cooperation with States in the administration of the Federal Meat Inspection Act and the Poultry Products Inspection Act;
(6) The Agricultural Marketing Act of 1946, as amended (7 U.S.C. 1621-162 7), relating to voluntary inspection of poultry and edible products thereof; voluntary inspection and certification of technical animal fat; certified products for dogs, cats, and other carnivora; voluntary inspection of rabbits and edible products thereof; and voluntary inspection and certification of edible meat and other products; and
(7) The National Laboratory Accreditation Program (7 U.S.C. 138-138i) with respect to laboratories accredited only for pesticide residue analysis in meat and poultry products.
[63 FR 72354, Dec. 31, 1998, as amended at 69 FR 253, Jan. 5, 2004]
Title 9 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.