Withholding action or suspension without prior notification.
(a) FSIS may take a withholding action or impose a suspension without providing the establishment prior notification because:
(1) The establishment produced and shipped adulterated or misbranded product as defined in 21 U.S.C. 453 or 21 U.S.C. 602;
(2) The establishment does not have a HACCP plan as specified in § 417.2 of this chapter ;
(3) The establishment does not have Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures as specified in §§ 416.11-416.12 of this chapter;
(4) Sanitary conditions are such that products in the establishment are or would be rendered adulterated;
(5) The establishment violated the terms of a regulatory control action;
(6) An establishment operator, officer, employee, or agent assaulted, threatened to assault, intimidated, or interfered with an FSIS employee; or
(7) The establishment did not destroy a condemned meat or poultry carcass, or part or product thereof, in accordance with part 314 or part 381, subpart L, of this chapter within three days of notification.
(b) FSIS also may impose a suspension without providing the establishment prior notification because the establishment is handling or slaughtering animals inhumanely.
Title 9 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.