§ 590.950Labeling of containers of eggs or egg products for importation.
(a) Immediate containers of product offered for importation shall bear a label, printed in English, showing:
(1) The name of product;
(2) the name of the country of origin of the product, and for consumer packaged products, preceded by the words “Product of,” which statement shall appear immediately under the name of the product;
(4) For shell eggs, the words, “Keep Refrigerated,” or words of similar meaning;
(5) for egg products, the word “Ingredients” followed by a list of the ingredients in order of descending proportions by weight;
(6) the name and place of business of manufacturer, packer, or distributor, qualified by a phrase which reveals the connection that such person has with the product;
(7) an accurate statement of the quantity;
(8) for egg products, the inspection mark of the country of origin; and
(9) The date of production and plant number of the plant at which the egg product was processed and/or packed.
(b) For properly sealed and certified shipments of shell eggs imported for breaking at an official egg products plant, the immediate containers need not be labeled, provided that the shipment is segregated and controlled upon arrival at the destination breaking plant.
(c) The labels shall not be false or misleading in any respect.
[36 FR 9814, May 28, 1971. Redesignated at 42 FR 32514, June 27, 1977, as amended at 45 FR 23641, Apr. 8, 1980. Redesignated at 46 FR 63203, Dec. 31, 1981, as amended at 60 FR 49171, Sept. 21, 1995; 63 FR 45675, Aug. 27, 1998; 63 FR 69972, Dec. 17, 1998]
Title 9 published on 2014-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 9.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.