9 CFR Part 201 - REGULATIONS UNDER THE PACKERS AND STOCKYARDS ACT
- § 201.1 — Meaning of words.
- § 201.2 — Terms defined.The definitions of terms contained in the Act shall apply to such terms when used in the Regulations under the Packers and Stockyards Act, 9 CFR part 201; Rules of Practice Governing Proceedings under the Packers and Stockyards Act, 9 CFR part 202; Statements of General Policy under the Packers and Stockyards Act, 9 CFR part 203; and Organization and Functions, 9 CFR part 204. In addition the following terms used in these parts shall be construed to mean:
Applicability of Industry Rules
- § 201.5 — Bylaws, rules and regulations, and requirements of exchanges, associations, or other organizations; applicability, establishment. (a) The regulations in this part shall not prevent the legitimate application or enforcement of any valid bylaw, rule or regulation, or requirement of any exchange, association, or other organization, or any other valid law, rule or regulation, or requirement to which any packer, stockyard owner, market agency, or dealer shall be subject which is not inconsistent or in conflict with the act and the regulations in this part.
- Schedules of Rates and Charges
- General Bonding Provisions
Market Agency, Dealer and Packer Bonds
- § 201.29 — Market agencies, packers and dealers required to file and maintain bonds.
- § 201.30 — Amount of market agency, dealer and packer bonds.
- § 201.31 — Conditions in market agency, dealer and packer bonds.
- § 201.32 — Trustee in market agency, dealer and packer bonds.
- § 201.33 — Persons damaged may maintain suit; filing and notification of claims; time limitations; legal expenses.
- § 201.34 — Termination of market agency, dealer and packer bonds.
- Proceeds of Sale
Accounts and Records
- § 201.43 — Payment and accounting for livestock and live poultry.
- § 201.44 — Market agencies to render prompt accounting for purchases on order.
- § 201.45 — Market agencies to make records available for inspection by owners, consignors, and purchasers.
- § 201.49 — Requirements regarding scale tickets evidencing weighing of livestock, live poultry, and feed.
- § 201.53 — Persons subject to the Act not to circulate misleading reports about market conditions or prices.
- § 201.55 — Purchases, sales, acquisitions, payments and settlements to be made on actual weights.
- § 201.56 — Market agencies selling on commission; purchases from consignment.
- § 201.61 — Market agencies selling or purchasing livestock on commission; relationships with dealers.
- § 201.67 — Packers not to own or finance selling agencies.
- § 201.69 — Furnishing information to competitor buyers.
- § 201.70 — Restriction or limitation of competition between packers and dealers prohibited.
- § 201.71 — Scales; accurate weights, repairs, adjustments or replacements after inspection.
- § 201.72 — Scales; testing of.
- § 201.73 — Scale operators to be qualified.
- § 201.73-1 — Instructions for weighing livestock.
- § 201.76 — Reweighing.
- § 201.81 — Suspended registrants.
- § 201.82 — Care and promptness in weighing and handling livestock and live poultry.
- Inspection of Brands
- § 201.94 — Information as to business; furnishing of by packers, swine contractors, live poultry dealers, stockyard owners, market agencies, and dealers.
- § 201.95 — Inspection of business records and facilities.
- § 201.96 — Unauthorized disclosure of business information prohibited.
- § 201.97 — Annual reports.
- § 201.98 — Packers and dealers not to charge, demand, or collect commission, yardage, or other service charges.
- § 201.99 — Purchase of livestock by packers on a carcass grade, carcass weight, or carcass grade and weight basis.
Poultry - Packers and Live Poultry Dealers
- § 201.100 — Records to be furnished poultry growers and sellers.
- § 201.108-1 — Instructions for weighing live poultry.
- § 201.200 — Sale of livestock to a packer on credit.
- §§ 201.213-201.214 — [Reserved]
- § 201.215 — Suspension of delivery of birds.
- § 201.216 — Additional capital investments criteria.
- § 201.217 — Reasonable period of time to remedy a breach of contract.
- § 201.218 — Arbitration.
Title 9 published on 2013-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 9.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
Title 9 published on 2013-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 9 CFR 201 after this date.