Uniform Commercial Code
U.C.C. - ARTICLE 7 - WAREHOUSE RECEIPTS, BILLS OF LADING AND OTHER DOCUMENTS
..PART 3. BILLS OF LADING: SPECIAL PROVISIONS
§ 7-303. Diversion; Reconsignment; Change of Instructions.
(1) Unless the bill of lading otherwise provides, the carrier may deliver the goods to a person or destination other than that stated in the bill or may otherwise dispose of the goods on instructions from
- (a) the holder of a negotiable bill; or
- (b) the consignor on a non-negotiable bill notwithstanding contrary instructions from the consignee; or
- (c) the consignee on a non-negotiable bill in the absence of contrary instructions from the consignor, if the goods have arrived at the billed destination or if the consignee is in possession of the bill; or
- (d) the consignee on a non-negotiable bill if he is entitled as against the consignor to dispose of them.
previous section | next section