Uniform Commercial Code Locator3/5/2003
Uniform Rules of Evidence Locator
This locator links to state evidence codes that correspond to the Uniform Rules of Evidence. These rules were revised in 1999. The earlier 1974 version, with amendments, is still the basis of the rules in a number of states.
Since the Federal Rules of Evidence ("FRE") are quite similar to the Uniform Rules of Evidence it also links to them. To see a particular article of the FRE (as it corresponds to the Uniform Rules) click below.
Locators are also available for the Uniform Probate Code, Uniform Commercial Code, and uniform laws in the areas of: matrimonial and family law and business and finance. If you are unclear about what Uniform Laws are see the LII "Uniform Laws" page.
Federal Rules of Evidence
- Article I - General Provisions
- Article II - Judicial Notice
- Article III - Presumptions
- Article IV - Relevancy and its Limits
- Article V - Privileges
- Article VI - Witnesses
- Article VII - Opinions and Expert Testimony
- Article VIII- Hearsay
- Article IX - Authentication and Identification
- Article X - Contents of Writings, Recordings, and Photographs
- Article XI - Miscellaneous Rules
The entire text of the Federal Rules of Evidence.
States that have adopted the Uniform Rules of Evidence
Those that are linked are available on the Internet.