10 U.S. Code § 12105 - Army Reserve and Air Force Reserve: transfer from Guard components

(a) Under such regulations as the Secretary concerned may prescribe—
(1) an enlisted member of the Army National Guard of the United States may be transferred in grade to the Army Reserve; and
(2) an enlisted member of the Air National Guard of the United States may be transferred in grade to the Air Force Reserve.
(b) Upon such a transfer, the member transferred is eligible for promotion to the highest regular or reserve grade ever held by him in the Army, if transferred under subsection (a)(1), or the Air Force, if transferred under subsection (a)(2), if his service has been honorable.
(c) A transfer under this section may only be made with the consent of the governor or other appropriate authority of the State concerned.


(Added Pub. L. 103–337, div. A, title XVI, § 1662(b)(1),Oct. 5, 1994, 108 Stat. 2988.)
Prior Provisions

Provisions similar to those in this section were contained in sections 3259 and 8259 of this title, prior to repeal by Pub. L. 103–337, § 1662(b)(3).

The table below lists the classification updates, since Jan. 3, 2012, for this section. Updates to a broader range of sections may be found at the update page for containing chapter, title, etc.

The most recent Classification Table update that we have noticed was Tuesday, August 13, 2013

An empty table indicates that we see no relevant changes listed in the classification tables. If you suspect that our system may be missing something, please double-check with the Office of the Law Revision Counsel.

10 USCDescription of ChangeSession YearPublic LawStatutes at Large


LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.