10 U.S. Code § 7660 - Duties of prize commissioners
One or more of the prize commissioners shall—
(1) receive from the prize master the documents and papers of the captured vessel and the inventory thereof;
(2) take the affidavit of the prize master required by section 7658 of this title;
(3) take promptly, in the manner prescribed by section 7661 of this title, the testimony of the witnesses sent in;
(4) take, at the request of the United States attorney, on interrogatories prescribed by the court, the depositions de bene esse of the prize crew and others;
(6) apply to the court for an order to the marshal to unload the cargo, if this is necessary to that examination and inventory;
(7) report to the court, and notify the United States attorney, whether any of the prize property requires immediate sale in the interest of all parties;
(8) report to the court, from time to time, any matter relating to the condition, custody, or disposal of the prize property requiring action by the court;
(9) return to the court sealed and secured from inspection—
Source(Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, 70A Stat. 477.)
|Revised section||Source (U.S. Code)||Source (Statutes at Large)|
|7660||34 U.S.C. 1138 (less applicability to procedure for interrogating witnesses).||R.S. 4622 (less applicability to procedure for interrogating witnesses).|
The words “but the custody of the property shall be in the marshal only” are omitted as surplusage, since this fact is made clear in § 7662 of this title.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.