12 U.S. Code § 5215 - Reports
(a) In general
Before the expiration of the 60-day period beginning on the date of the first exercise of the authority granted in section 5211 (a) of this title, or of the first exercise of the authority granted in section 5212 of this title, whichever occurs first, and every 30-day period thereafter, the Secretary shall report to the appropriate committees of Congress, with respect to each such period—
(1) an overview of actions taken by the Secretary, including the considerations required by section 5213 of this title and the efforts under section 5219 of this title;
(2) the actual obligation and expenditure of the funds provided for administrative expenses by section 5228 of this title during such period and the expected expenditure of such funds in the subsequent period; and
(3) a detailed financial statement with respect to the exercise of authority under this chapter, including—
(B) all insurance contracts entered into pursuant to section 5212 of this title;
(b) Tranche reports to Congress
The Secretary shall provide to the appropriate committees of Congress, at the times specified in paragraph (2), a written report, including—
(C) a justification of the price paid for and other financial terms associated with the transactions;
(D) a description of the impact of the exercise of such authority on the financial system, supported, to the extent possible, by specific data;
(E) a description of challenges that remain in the financial system, including any benchmarks yet to be achieved; and
The report required by this subsection shall be submitted not later than 7 days after the date on which commitments to purchase troubled assets under the authorities provided in this chapter first reach an aggregate of $50,000,000,000 and not later than 7 days after each $50,000,000,000 interval of such commitments is reached thereafter.
(c) Regulatory modernization report
The Secretary shall review the current state of the financial markets and the regulatory system and submit a written report to the appropriate committees of Congress not later than April 30, 2009, analyzing the current state of the regulatory system and its effectiveness at overseeing the participants in the financial markets, including the over-the-counter swaps market and government-sponsored enterprises, and providing recommendations for improvement, including—
(1) recommendations regarding—
(A) whether any participants in the financial markets that are currently outside the regulatory system should become subject to the regulatory system; and
(d) Sharing of information
Any report required under this section shall also be submitted to the Congressional Oversight Panel established under section 5233 of this title.
The reporting requirements under this section shall terminate on the later of—
(1) the date that the last troubled asset acquired by the Secretary under section 5211 of this title has been sold or transferred out of the ownership or control of the Federal Government; or
(2) the date of expiration of the last insurance contract issued under section 5212 of this title.
Source(Pub. L. 110–343, div. A, title I, § 105,Oct. 3, 2008, 122 Stat. 3771.)
References in Text
This chapter, referred to in subsecs. (a)(3) and (b)(1)(F), (2), was in the original “this Act” and was translated as reading “this division”, meaning div. A of Pub. L. 110–343, Oct. 3, 2008, 122 Stat. 3765, known as the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, to reflect the probable intent of Congress. For complete classification of division A to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 5201 of this title and Tables.