14 U.S. Code Chapter 11 - PERSONNEL
Sec. 211. Original appointment of permanent commissioned officers. [212, 213. Repealed.] 214. Appointment of temporary officers. 215. Rank of warrant officers. [216 to 248. Repealed.]
251. Selection boards; convening of boards. 252. Selection boards; composition of boards. 253. Selection boards; notice of convening; communication with board. 254. Selection boards; oath of members. 255. Number of officers to be selected for promotion. 256. Promotion zones. 256a. Promotion year; defined. 257. Eligibility of officers for consideration for promotion. 258. Selection boards; information to be furnished boards. 259. Officers to be recommended for promotion. 260. Selection boards; reports. 261. Selection boards; submission of reports. 262. Failure of selection for promotion. 263. Special selection boards; correction of errors.
271. Promotions; appointments. 272. Removal of officer from list of selectees for promotion. 273. Promotions; acceptance; oath of office. 274. Promotions; pay and allowances. 275. Wartime temporary service promotions. 276. Promotion of officers not included on active duty promotion list. [277. Repealed.]
281. Revocation of commissions during first five years of commissioned service. 282. Regular lieutenants (junior grade); separation for failure of selection for promotion. 283. Regular lieutenants; separation for failure of selection for promotion; continuation. 284. Regular Coast Guard; officers serving under temporary appointments. 285. Regular lieutenant commanders and commanders; retirement for failure of selection for promotion. 286. Discharge in lieu of retirement; separation pay. 286a. Regular warrant officers: separation pay. 287. Separation for failure of selection for promotion or continuation; time of. 288. Regular captains; retirement. 289. Captains; continuation on active duty; involuntary retirement. 290. Rear admirals and rear admirals (lower half); continuation on active duty; involuntary retirement. 291. Voluntary retirement after twenty years’ service. 292. Voluntary retirement after thirty years’ service. 293. Compulsory retirement. 294. Retirement for physical disability after selection for promotion; grade in which retired. 295. Deferment of retirement or separation for medical reasons. [301 to 315. Repealed.]
321. Review of records of officers. 322. Boards of inquiry. 323. Boards of review. 324. Composition of boards. 325. Rights and procedures. 326. Removal of officer from active duty; action by Secretary. 327. Officers considered for removal; retirement or discharge; separation benefits.
331. Recall to active duty during war or national emergency. 332. Recall to active duty with consent of officer. 333. Relief of retired officer promoted while on active duty. 334. Grade on retirement. 335. Physical fitness of officers. 336. United States Coast Guard Band; composition; director. ENLISTED MEMBERS 350. Recruiting campaigns. 351. Enlistments; term, grade. 352. Promotion. 353. Compulsory retirement at age of sixty-two. 354. Voluntary retirement after thirty years’ service. 355. Voluntary retirement after twenty years’ service. [356. Repealed.] 357. Involuntary retirement of enlisted members. [358. Repealed.] 359. Recall to active duty during war or national emergency. 360. Recall to active duty with consent of member. 361. Relief of retired enlisted member promoted while on active duty. 362. Retirement in cases where higher grade or rating has been held. [363, 364. Repealed.] 365. Extension of enlistments. 366. Retention beyond term of enlistment in case of disability. 367. Detention beyond term of enlistment. [368. Repealed.] 369. Inclusion of certain conditions in enlistment contract. 370. Discharge within three months before expiration of enlistment. 371. Aviation cadets; procurement; transfer. 372. Aviation cadets; benefits. 373. Aviation cadets; appointment as Reserve officers. 374. Critical skill training bonus. GENERAL PROVISIONS 421. Retirement. 422. Status of recalled personnel. 423. Computation of retired pay. 424. Limitations on retirement and retired pay. 424a. Suspension of payment of retired pay of members who are absent from the United States to avoid prosecution. 425. Board for Correction of Military Records deadline. 426. Emergency leave retention authority. 427. Prohibition of certain involuntary administrative separations. SPECIAL PROVISIONS [431. Repealed.] 432. Personnel of former Lighthouse Service. [433 to 440. Repealed.]
The table below lists the classification updates, since Jan. 3, 2012, for the contained sections. If there are multiple sections, they are presented in section number order (original document order).
The most recent Classification Table update that we have noticed was Tuesday, August 13, 2013
An empty table indicates that we see no relevant changes listed in the classification tables. If you suspect that our system may be missing something, please double-check with the Office of the Law Revision Counsel.
|14 USC||Description of Change||Session Year||Public Law||Statutes at Large|
|§ 211||prec||2012||112-213 [Sec.] 209(b)||126 Stat. 1550|
|§ 211||prec||2012||112-213 [Sec.] 208(d)||126 Stat. 1549|
|§ 211||2012||112-213 [Sec.] 206||126 Stat. 1546|
|§ 254||gen amd||2012||112-213 [Sec.] 207||126 Stat. 1546|
|§ 259||2012||112-213 [Sec.] 217(3)||126 Stat. 1557|
|§ 261||2012||112-213 [Sec.] 208(b)||126 Stat. 1549|
|§ 261||nt new||2012||112-213 [Sec.] 208(e)(1)||126 Stat. 1549|
|§ 262||gen amd||2012||112-213 [Sec.] 208(c)||126 Stat. 1549|
|§ 263||new||2012||112-213 [Sec.] 208(a) "263"||126 Stat. 1546|
|§ 271||nt new||2012||112-213 [Sec.] 208(e)(2)||126 Stat. 1549|
|§ 286a||2012||112-213 [Sec.] 217(4)||126 Stat. 1557|
|§ 290||2012||112-213 [Sec.] 217(5)||126 Stat. 1557|
|§ 427||new||2012||112-213 [Sec.] 209(a) "427"||126 Stat. 1549|
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.