15 U.S. Code § 194, 195 - Omitted
Section 194, act Jan. 5, 1923, ch. 23, § 1,42 Stat. 1109, which transferred to the Department of Commerce from the Department of the Treasury the control and expense of operation of the office known as the Bureau of Customs Statistics under the jurisdiction of the Department of the Treasury, on Jan. 5, 1923, located in the customhouse, City of New York, State of New York, including all officers, clerks, and other employees of that bureau, official records, papers, mechanical and office equipment, furniture, and supplies in use on that date and which authorized the Secretary of Commerce to consolidate the Bureau of Customs Statistics with the Division of Statistics of the Bureau of Foreign and Domestic Commerce into one office, located in either Washington or New York, or partly in either place, in the discretion of the Secretary of Commerce, with the statistical bureau authorized to be located in New York under the jurisdiction and control of the Department of Commerce to continue to occupy the premises in the New York customhouse which were on Jan. 5, 1923, occupied by the Bureau of Customs Statistics, and with additional space as needed to be assigned in the same building for its use by the Secretary of the Treasury upon request of the Secretary of Commerce, has been omitted as executed. Pursuant to the authority vested in the Secretary of Commerce by Reorg. Plan No. 5 of 1950, §§ 1, 2, eff. May 24, 1950, 15 F.R. 3174, 64 Stat. 1263, set out in the Appendix to Title 5, Government Organization and Employees, the Secretary has reassigned the functions of the Division of Statistics of the Bureau of Foreign and Domestic Commerce to other offices of the Department of Commerce.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.