15 U.S. Code § 2076b - Inspector General audits and reports
(a) Improvements by the Commission
The Inspector General of the Commission shall conduct reviews and audits to assess—
(1) the Commission’s capital improvement efforts, including improvements and upgrades of the Commission’s information technology architecture and systems and the development of the database of publicly available information on incidents involving injury or death required under section 2055a of this title, as added by section 212 of this Act; and
(b) Employee complaints
Within 1 year after August 14, 2008, the Inspector General shall conduct a review of—
(1) complaints received by the Inspector General from employees of the Commission about failures of other employees to enforce the rules or regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Act [15 U.S.C. 2051 et seq.] or any other Act enforced by the Commission or otherwise carry out their responsibilities under such Acts if such alleged failures raise issues of conflicts of interest, ethical violations, or the absence of good faith; and
(c) Public Internet website links
Not later than 30 days after August 14, 2008, the Commission shall establish and maintain—
(1) a direct link on the homepage of its Internet website to the Internet webpage of the Commission’s Office of Inspector General; and
(1) Activities and needs of Inspector General
Not later than 60 days after August 14, 2008, the Inspector General of the Commission shall transmit a report to the appropriate Congressional committees on the activities of the Inspector General, any structural barriers which prevent the Inspector General from providing robust oversight of the activities of the Commission, and any additional authority or resources that would facilitate more effective oversight.
(2) Reviews of improvements and employee complaints
Beginning for fiscal year 2010, the Inspector General of the Commission shall include in an annual report to the appropriate Congressional committees the Inspector General’s findings, conclusions, and recommendations from the reviews and audits under subsections (a) and (b).
Source(Pub. L. 110–314, title II, § 205,Aug. 14, 2008, 122 Stat. 3043.)
References in Text
This Act, referred to in subsec. (a), is Pub. L. 110–314, Aug. 14, 2008, 122 Stat. 3016, known as the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title of 2008 Amendment note set out under section 2051 of this title and Tables.
The Consumer Product Safety Act, referred to in subsec. (b)(1), is Pub. L. 92–573, Oct. 27, 1972, 86 Stat. 1207, which is classified generally to this chapter. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 2051 of this title and Tables.
Section was enacted as part of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008, and not as part of the Consumer Product Safety Act which comprises this chapter.