(a)There are authorized to be appropriated to the Secretary of Energy, for purposes of carrying out this chapter,
(1) not to exceed $30,000,000 for the fiscal year ending September 30, 1977, except that at least $10,000,000 of such authorization shall be allocated for battery research and development;
(2) not to exceed $40,000,000 for the fiscal year ending September 30, 1978;
(3) not to exceed $25,000,000 for the fiscal year ending September 30, 1979;
(4) not to exceed $20,000,000 for the fiscal year ending September 30, 1980; and
(5) not to exceed $45,000,000 for the fiscal year ending September 30, 1981. Any amount appropriated pursuant to this section shall remain available until expended, and any amount authorized for any fiscal year prior to the fiscal year ending September 30, 1981, but not appropriated, may be appropriated for any succeeding fiscal year through the fiscal year ending September 30, 1983.
(b)Any moneys received by the Secretary of Energy from vehicle sales or leases or other activities under this chapter may be retained and used for purposes of carrying out this chapter, notwithstanding the provisions of section
3302(b) of title
31, and may remain available until expended; but the amount authorized to be appropriated for any fiscal year under subsection (a) of this section shall be reduced by the amount of the moneys so received in that year.
In subsec. (b), “section
3302(b) of title
31” substituted for “section 3617 of the Revised Statutes (31 U.S.C. 484)” on authority of Pub. L. 97–258, § 4(b),Sept. 13, 1982, 96 Stat. 1067, the first section of which enacted Title 31, Money and Finance.
Transfer of Functions
“Secretary of Energy” substituted in text for “Administrator” pursuant to section 301(a) ofPub. L. 95–91, see Codification note set out under section
2502 of this title.
The table below lists the classification updates, since Jan. 3, 2012, for this section. Updates to a broader range of sections may be found at the update page for containing chapter, title, etc.
The most recent Classification Table update that we have noticed was Tuesday, August 13, 2013
An empty table indicates that we see no relevant changes listed in the classification tables. If you suspect that our system may be missing something, please double-check with the Office of the Law Revision Counsel.
Description of Change
Statutes at Large
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.