15 U.S. Code § 636e - Definitions
In this subtitle— 
(1) the terms “Administration” and “Administrator” mean the Small Business Administration and the Administrator thereof, respectively;
(2) the term “disaster area” means an area affected by a natural or other disaster, as determined for purposes of paragraph (1) or (2) of section 636 (b) of this title, during the period of such declaration;
(3) the term “disaster loan program of the Administration” means assistance under section 636 (b) of this title, as amended by this Act;
(4) the term “disaster update period” means the period beginning on the date on which the President declares a major disaster (including any major disaster relating to which the Administrator declares eligibility for additional disaster assistance under paragraph (9) of section 636 (b) of this title, as added by this Act) and ending on the date on which such declaration terminates;
(6) the term “small business concern” has the meaning given that term under section 632 of this title; and
(7) the term “State” means any State of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and any territory or possession of the United States.
 See References in Text note below.
Source(Pub. L. 110–234, title XII, § 12052,May 22, 2008, 122 Stat. 1406; Pub. L. 110–246, § 4(a), title XII, § 12052,June 18, 2008, 122 Stat. 1664, 2168.)
References in Text
This subtitle, referred to in text, is subtitle B (§§ 12051–12091) of title XII of Pub. L. 110–246, which enacted this section and sections 636f to 636k and 657i to 657o of this title, amended sections 632, 633, and 636 of this title, enacted provisions set out as notes under sections 631 and 636 of this title, and amended provisions set out as a note under section 631 of this title. For complete classification of subtitle B to the Code, see Short Title of 2008 Amendment note under section 631 of this title and Tables.
Section 636 (b) of this title, as amended by this Act, referred to in par. (3), is section 636 (b) of this title, as amended by Pub. L. 110–246.
Paragraph (9) of section 636 (b) of this title, as added by this Act, referred to in par. (4), is section 636 (b)(9) of this title, as added by Pub. L. 110–246.
Pub. L. 110–234and Pub. L. 110–246enacted identical sections. Pub. L. 110–234was repealed by section 4(a) ofPub. L. 110–246.
Section was enacted as part of the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008, and also as part of the Small Business Disaster Response and Loan Improvements Act of 2008, and not as part of the Small Business Act which comprises this chapter.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.