16 U.S. Code § 1052 - Authorization of Secretary of the Interior
(a) Operation of Center and Aquarium
The Secretary of the Interior (hereinafter referred to as the “Secretary”) shall operate the National Fisheries Center and Aquarium.
(b) Specimens and exhibits; catalogs and other printed matter and films, animations and photographic and other material; employment of experts, consultants, and organizations; use of auditorium and other areas; use of facilities by foreigners
The Secretary is further authorized to—
(1) construct, purchase or lease, and operate and maintain vessels for specimen collecting purposes and, without regard to section 6101 of title 41, to contract for such collection of specimens and to purchase or exchange specimens and exhibit materials;
(2) prepare for free distribution or exhibit or to offer for sale at cost illustrated catalogs of specimens, brochures, and other printed matter and films, animations and photographic and other material pertaining to the National Fisheries Center and Aquarium and its objectives and to aquariums generally, all or any of which may be reproduced by any printing or other process without regard to existing regulations, the proceeds of sales to be covered into the United States Treasury;
(3) employ, as authorized by section 3109 of title 5, but at rates not to exceed $50 per diem plus expenses, experts, consultants, or organizations thereof, as required to assist with the planning, design, construction, and operation of the National Fisheries Center and Aquarium;
(4) permit on such terms and conditions as he shall consider to be in the public interest the use of auditorium and other areas for meetings and exhibits of societies and groups whose purposes are related to fish and wildlife generally; and
(5) encourage the use of the educational and scientific facilities and equipment at the National Fisheries Center and Aquarium by individuals of any nation with which the United States maintains diplomatic relations and which extends similar use of its educational and scientific facilities and equipment to citizens of the United States.
Source(Pub. L. 87–758, § 2,Oct. 9, 1962, 76 Stat. 752.)
In subsec. (b)(1), “section 6101 of title 41” substituted for “section 3709 of the Revised Statutes of the United States (41 U.S.C. 5)” on authority of Pub. L. 111–350, § 6(c),Jan. 4, 2011, 124 Stat. 3854, which Act enacted Title 41, Public Contracts.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.