16 U.S. Code § 1421h - Definitions
prev | next
In this subchapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) The term “Fund” means the Marine Mammal Unusual Mortality Event Fund established by section 1421d (a) of this title.
(2) The term “Office” means the Office of Protected Resources, in the National Marine Fisheries Service.
(3) The term “stranding” means an event in the wild in which—
(A) a marine mammal is dead and is—
(B) a marine mammal is alive and is—
(ii) on a beach or shore of the United States and, although able to return to the water, is in need of apparent medical attention; or
(4) The term “stranding network participant” means a person who is authorized by an agreement under section 1382 (c) of this title to take marine mammals as described in section 1379 (h)(1) of this title in response to a stranding.
(5) The term “Tissue Bank” means the National Marine Tissue Bank provided for under section 1421f (a) of this title.
Source(Pub. L. 92–522, title IV, § 410, formerly title III, § 309, as added Pub. L. 102–587, title III, § 3003(a),Nov. 4, 1992, 106 Stat. 5066; renumbered title IV, § 409, and amended Pub. L. 103–238, § 24(b), (c)(7), (8),Apr. 30, 1994, 108 Stat. 565, 566; renumbered § 410,Pub. L. 106–555, title II, § 202(a)(1),Dec. 21, 2000, 114 Stat. 2767.)
1994—Par. (1). Pub. L. 103–238, § 24(c)(7), made technical amendment to reference to section 1421d (a) of this title to reflect renumbering of corresponding section of original act.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.