16 U.S. Code § 230f - Delta Region Preservation Commission
(a) Establishment; membership
There is established the Delta Region Preservation Commission (hereinafter referred to as the “Commission”), which shall consist of the following:
(2) two members appointed by the Secretary from recommendations submitted by the President of Jefferson Parish;
(3) two members appointed by the Secretary from recommendations submitted by the Jefferson Parish Council;
(4) two members appointed by the Secretary from recommendations submitted by the mayor of the city of New Orleans;
(5) one member appointed by the Secretary from recommendations submitted by the commercial fishing industry;
(6) three members appointed by the Secretary from recommendations submitted by local citizen conservation organizations in the delta region;
(8)  two members appointed by the Secretary from recommendations submitted by the Police Jury of Saint Bernard Parish.
(8)  one member who shall have experience as a folklorist and who is familiar with the cultures of the Mississippi Delta Region appointed by the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution.
(b) Compensation and expenses
Members of the Commission shall serve without compensation as such. The Secretary is authorized to pay the expenses reasonably incurred by the non-Federal members of the Commission in carrying out their duties.
The function of the Commission shall be to advise the Secretary in the selection of sites for inclusion in the park, in the development and implementation of a general management plan, and in the development and implementation of a comprehensive interpretive program of the natural, historic, and cultural resources of the region. The Commission shall inform interested members of the public, the State of Louisiana and its political subdivisions, and interested Federal agencies with respect to existing and proposed actions and programs having a material effect on the perpetuation of a high-quality natural and cultural environment in the delta region.
(d) Majority voting; generally; single parish or municipality
The Commission shall act and advise by affirmative vote of a majority of its members: Provided, That any recommendation of the Commission that affects the use or development, or lack thereof, of property located solely within a single parish or municipality shall have the concurrence of a majority of the members appointed from recommendations submitted by such parish or municipality.
(e) Ex officio members; staff support and technical services; termination date
The Directors of the Heritage Conservation and Recreation Service and the National Park Service shall serve as ex officio members of the Commission and provide such staff support and technical services as may be necessary to carry out the functions of the Commission. The Commission shall terminate twenty years from November 10, 1978.
 So in original. There are two pars. designated “(8)”.
Source(Pub. L. 95–625, title IX, § 907,Nov. 10, 1978, 92 Stat. 3537; Pub. L. 96–87, title IV, § 401(q)(3), (4),Oct. 12, 1979, 93 Stat. 666; Pub. L. 100–250, § 1(c),Feb. 16, 1988, 102 Stat. 16; Pub. L. 100–355, § 2,June 28, 1988, 102 Stat. 667.)
1988—Subsec. (a)(6), (7). Pub. L. 100–355, § 2(1), (2), which directed that in par. (6) “region;” be substituted for “region; and” and that in par. (7) “Arts; and” be substituted for “Arts.” could not be executed because of prior amendment by section 401(q)(3) ofPub. L. 96–87.
Subsec. (a)(8). Pub. L. 100–355, § 2(3), added par. (8) relating to appointment of member with experience as folklorist familiar with cultures of Mississippi Delta Region.
Subsec. (e). Pub. L. 100–250substituted “twenty” for “ten”.
1979—Subsec. (a)(8). Pub. L. 96–87, § 401(q)(3), added par. (8).
Subsec. (e). Pub. L. 96–87, § 401(q)(4), provided that the Commission terminate ten years from November 10, 1978.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.