16 U.S. Code § 403h–12 - Entrance road to Cataloochee section
In order to provide suitable access to the Cataloochee section of Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the Secretary of the Interior is authorized to select the location of an entrance road from a point near the intersection at White Oak Church of North Carolina Routes Numbered 1338 and 1346 to the eastern boundary of the park in the vicinity of the Cataloochee section, and to accept, on behalf of the United States, donations of land and interests in land for the construction of the entrance road together with the necessary interchange with said Routes 1338 and 1346, and to construct the entrance road and the interchange on the donated land: Provided, That the right-of-way to be acquired, by donation, for the entrance road shall be of such width as to comprise not more than an average of one hundred and twenty-five acres per mile for its entire length of about five and two-tenths miles, constituting in the aggregate about six hundred and fifty acres of land.
All property acquired pursuant to this section shall become a part of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park upon acceptance of title thereto by the Secretary, and shall be subject to all laws, rules, and regulations applicable thereto.
Source(Pub. L. 88–120, § 1,Sept. 9, 1963, 77 Stat. 154; Pub. L. 91–108, § 1(1), (2),Nov. 4, 1969, 83 Stat. 182.)
1969—Pub. L. 91–108provided for a modified route for the entrance road, changing it to near the intersection at White Oak Church of North Carolina Routes Numbered 1338 and 1346 from a point on North Carolina Highway Numbered 107 close to its point of interchange with Interstate Route Numbered 40, near Hepco, North Carolina, for construction of an interchange between the entrance road and State Routes 1338 and 1346, and acceptance of a donation of land needed for the interchange; and increased the entrance road from a length of four and two-tenths mile aggregating five hundred and twenty-five acres of land to a length of five and two-tenths mile aggregating six hundred and fifty acres, respectively.