16 U.S. Code § 460ii–5 - Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area Advisory Commission
prev | next
(a) Establishment; duties; membership: voting members and Park Superintendent as nonvoting member; Chairman
There is hereby established the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area Advisory Commission (hereinafter in this subchapter referred to as the “Advisory Commission”) to advise the Secretary regarding the management and operation of the area, protection of resources with  the recreation area, and the priority of lands to be acquired within the recreation area. The Advisory Commission shall be composed of the following thirteen voting members appointed by the Secretary:
(1) four members appointed from among individuals recommended by local governments—
(4) four members appointed from among individuals recommended by a coalition of citizens public interest groups, recreational users, and environmental organizations concerned with the protection and preservation of the Chattahoochee River;
(5) one member appointed from among individuals recommended by the Business Council of Georgia or by a local chamber of commerce in the vicinity of the recreation area; and
(6) two members who represent the general public, at least one of whom shall be a resident of one of the counties referred to in paragraph (1).
In addition, the Park Superintendent for the recreation area shall serve as a nonvoting member of the Advisory Commission. The Advisory Commission shall designate one of its members as Chairman.
(b) Terms of office; reappointment
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), members of the Advisory Commission shall serve for terms of three years. Any voting member of the Advisory Commission may be reappointed for one additional three-year term.
The Advisory Commission shall meet on a regular basis. Notice of meetings and agenda shall be published in local newspapers which have a distribution which generally covers the area affected by the park. Commission meetings shall be held at locations and in such a manner as to insure adequate public involvement.
(d) Compensation and expenses
Members of the Commission shall serve without compensation as such, but the Secretary may pay expenses reasonably incurred in carrying out their responsibilities under this subchapter on vouchers signed by the Chairman.
The Advisory Commission shall terminate on the date ten years after October 30, 1984.
 So in original. Probably should be “within”.
Source(Pub. L. 95–344, title I, § 106, as added Pub. L. 98–568, § 1(f),Oct. 30, 1984, 98 Stat. 2931; amended Pub. L. 106–154, § 2(e)(5), (6),Dec. 9, 1999, 113 Stat. 1739.)
1999—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 106–154, § 2(e)(5), substituted “this subchapter” for “this subchapter and chapter 43 of this title” in introductory provisions.