16 U.S. Code § 460nnn–21 - Management authorities and purposes
prev | next
(a) In general
The Secretary shall manage all Federal lands included in the Cooperative Management and Protection Area pursuant to the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976 (43 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) and other applicable provisions of law, including this subchapter, in a manner that—
(1) ensures the conservation, protection, and improved management of the ecological, social and economic environment of the Cooperative Management and Protection Area, including geological, biological, wildlife, riparian, and scenic resources, North American Indian tribal and cultural and archaeological resource sites, and additional cultural and historic sites; and
(b) Management plan
Within 4 years after October 30, 2000, the Secretary shall develop a comprehensive plan for the long-range protection and management of the Federal lands included in the Cooperative Management and Protection Area, including the Wilderness Area. The plan shall—
(1) describe the appropriate uses and management of the Cooperative Management and Protection Area consistent with this subchapter;
(2) incorporate, as appropriate, decisions contained in any current or future management or activity plan for the Cooperative Management and Protection Area and use information developed in previous studies of the lands within or adjacent to the Cooperative Management and Protection Area;
(3) provide for coordination with State, county, and private local landowners and the Burns Paiute Tribe; and
(4) determine measurable and achievable management objectives, consistent with the management objectives in section 460nnn–12 of this title, to ensure the ecological integrity of the area.
Source(Pub. L. 106–399, title I, § 111,Oct. 30, 2000, 114 Stat. 1659.)
References in Text
The Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976, referred to in subsec. (a), is Pub. L. 94–579, Oct. 21, 1976, 90 Stat. 2743, as amended, which is classified principally to chapter 35 (§ 1701 et seq.) of Title 43, Public Lands. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 1701 of Title 43 and Tables.
This subchapter, referred to in subsecs. (a) and (b)(1), was in the original “this Act”, meaning Pub. L. 106–399, Oct. 30, 2000, 114 Stat. 1655, which is classified generally to this subchapter. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 460nnn of this title and Tables.