The President shall, from time to time, as the work provided for in section
831u of this title progresses, recommend to Congress such legislation as he deems proper to carry out the general purposes stated in said section, and for the especial purpose of bringing about in said Tennessee drainage basin and adjoining territory in conformity with said general purposes
(1) the maximum amount of flood control;
(2) the maximum development of said Tennessee River for navigation purposes;
(3) the maximum generation of electric power consistent with flood control and navigation;
(4) the proper use of marginal lands;
(5) the proper method of reforestation of all lands in said drainage basin suitable for reforestation; and
(6) the economic and social well-being of the people living in said river basin.
The table below lists the classification updates, since Jan. 3, 2012, for this section. Updates to a broader range of sections may be found at the update page for containing chapter, title, etc.
The most recent Classification Table update that we have noticed was Tuesday, August 13, 2013
An empty table indicates that we see no relevant changes listed in the classification tables. If you suspect that our system may be missing something, please double-check with the Office of the Law Revision Counsel.