There is established within the Contingent Fund of the Senate a revolving fund which shall consist of
(1) the unexpended balance of the appropriation “Contingent Expenses, Senate, Stationery, fiscal year 1957”,
(2) any amounts hereafter appropriated for stationery allowances of the President of the Senate, and for stationery for use of officers of the Senate and the Conference of the Majority and the Conference of the Minority of the Senate, and
(3) any undeposited amounts heretofore received, and any amounts hereafter received as proceeds of sales by the stationery room of the Senate. Any moneys in the fund shall be available until expended for use in the same manner and for the same purposes as funds heretofore appropriated to the Contingent Fund of the Senate for stationery, except that
(1) the balance of any amount appropriated for stationery for use of committees and officers of the Senate which remains unexpended at the end of any fiscal year and
(2) allowances which are not available for obligation due to vacancies or waiver of entitlement thereto, shall be withdrawn from the revolving fund. Disbursements from the fund shall be made upon vouchers approved by the Secretary of the Senate, or his designee.
1997—Pub. L. 105–55, which directed the amendment of section 1101 ofPub. L. 85–58by inserting at end “Disbursements from the fund shall be made upon vouchers approved by the Secretary of the Senate, or his designee.”, was executed by making the insertion at the end of this section which is second par. under heading “contingent expenses of the senate” to reflect the probable intent of Congress.
1980—Pub. L. 96–304, § 112(b)(3), substituted in cl. (2), “officers of the Senate and the Conference of the Majority and the Conference of the Minority of the Senate” for “committees and officers of the Senate”.
1972—Pub. L. 92–607struck out “and of Senators” after “the President of the Senate”.
Transfer of Moneys to Fund by Secretary of the Senate
Pub. L. 101–163, title I, § 6,Nov. 21, 1989, 103 Stat. 1045, provided that: “On and after the date this Act becomes law [Nov. 21, 1989], the Secretary of the Senate, subject to the approval of the Committee on Appropriations of the Senate, is authorized to provide up to $1,000,000 for capitalization purposes to the revolving fund established by the last paragraph under the heading ‘Contingent Expenses of the Senate’ appearing under the heading ‘SENATE’ in chapter XI of the Third Supplemental Appropriation Act, 1957 (2 U.S.C. 46a–1), by transferring to such revolving fund any funds available from any Senate appropriation account, with respect to which he has disbursement authority, for the fiscal year in which the transfer is made (or for any preceding fiscal year) or which have been made available until expended; and any moneys so transferred shall be available for use in like manner and to the same extent as the moneys in such revolving fund which were not transferred thereto pursuant to this section.”
The table below lists the classification updates, since Jan. 3, 2012, for this section. Updates to a broader range of sections may be found at the update page for containing chapter, title, etc.
The most recent Classification Table update that we have noticed was Tuesday, August 13, 2013
An empty table indicates that we see no relevant changes listed in the classification tables. If you suspect that our system may be missing something, please double-check with the Office of the Law Revision Counsel.
Description of Change
Statutes at Large
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.