20 U.S. Code § 4354 - Reports
The Board of Trustees of Gallaudet University and the Board of Trustees or other governing body of the institution of higher education with which the Secretary has an agreement under section 4332 of this title shall prepare and submit an annual report to the Secretary, and to the Committee on Education and Labor of the House of Representatives and the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions of the Senate, not later than 100 days after the end of each fiscal year, which shall include the following:
(1) The number of students during the preceding academic year who enrolled and whether these were first-time enrollments, who graduated, who found employment, or who left without completing a program of study, reported under each of the programs of the University (elementary, secondary, undergraduate, and graduate) and of NTID.
(2) For the preceding academic year, and to the extent possible, the following data on individuals who are deaf and from minority backgrounds and who are students (at all educational levels) or employees:
(C) The disposition of these students on the date that is one year after the date of graduation or completion of programs at NTID and at the University and its elementary and secondary schools in comparison to students from non-minority backgrounds.
(D) The number of students needing and receiving support services (such as tutoring and counseling) at all educational levels.
(F) Employment openings/vacancies and grade level/type of job and number of these individuals that applied and that were hired.
(G) Strategies (such as parent groups and training classes in the development of individualized education programs) used by the elementary and secondary programs and the extension centers to reach and actively involve minority parents in the educational programs of their children who are deaf or hard of hearing and the number of parents who have been served as a result of these activities.
(A) A summary of the annual audited financial statements and auditor’s report of the University, as required under section 4353 of this title, and
(4) For the preceding fiscal year, a statement showing the receipts of the University and NTID and from what Federal sources, and a statement showing the expenditures of each institution by function, activity, and administrative and academic unit.
(5) A statement showing the use of funds (both corpus and income) provided by the Federal Endowment Program under section 4357 of this title.
(6) A statement showing how such Endowment Program funds are invested, what the gains or losses (both realized and unrealized) on such investments were for the most recent fiscal year, and what changes were made in investments during that year.
Source(Pub. L. 99–371, title II, § 204, formerly title IV, § 404,Aug. 4, 1986, 100 Stat. 790; renumbered title II, § 204, and amended Pub. L. 102–421, title I, §§ 101(b)(5), (6), 134,Oct. 16, 1992, 106 Stat. 2151, 2157; Pub. L. 103–73, title II, § 204(c),Aug. 11, 1993, 107 Stat. 735; Pub. L. 105–244, title IX, § 917,Oct. 7, 1998, 112 Stat. 1831; Pub. L. 110–315, title IX, § 906,Aug. 14, 2008, 122 Stat. 3453.)
Provisions similar to this section were contained in section 691f of this title prior to repeal by Pub. L. 99–371.
2008—Pub. L. 110–315, § 906(1), substituted “Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions of the Senate” for “Committee on Labor and Human Resources of the Senate” in introductory provisions.
Par. (1). Pub. L. 110–315, § 906(2), struck out “preparatory,” after “secondary,”.
Par. (2)(C). Pub. L. 110–315, § 906(3), substituted “on the date that is one year after the date of graduation or completion” for “upon graduation/completion”.
Par. (3)(B). Pub. L. 110–315, § 906(4), substituted “of NTID programs and activities” for “of the institution of higher education with which the Secretary has an agreement under section 4332 of this title, including specific schedules and analyses for all NTID funds, as required under section 4353 of this title”.
1998—Par. (3). Pub. L. 105–244substituted “A summary of the annual” for “The annual” in subpar. (A) and substituted “a summary of the annual” for “the annual” in subpar. (B).
1993—Par. (1). Pub. L. 103–73, § 204(c)(1), substituted “first-time” for “first time”.
Par. (2)(G). Pub. L. 103–73, § 204(c)(2), substituted “individualized education programs” for “Individualized Education Programs” and “children who are deaf or hard of hearing” for “children who are deaf”.
Par. (3). Pub. L. 103–73, § 204(c)(3), amended par. (3) generally. Prior to amendment, par. (3) read as follows: “The annual audited financial statements of the University and NTID, respectively, together with the auditor’s report.”
Par. (6). Pub. L. 103–73, § 204(c)(4), substituted “Program funds are” for “Program is”.
1992—Pub. L. 102–421, § 134, amended section generally, substituting present provisions for provisions requiring annual reports from Board of Trustees of Gallaudet University and National Technical Institute for the Deaf and providing for an annual monitoring and evaluation report.
Change of Name
Committee on Education and Labor of House of Representatives changed to Committee on Education and the Workforce of House of Representatives by House Resolution No. 5, One Hundred Twelfth Congress, Jan. 5, 2011.
Effective Date of 1998 Amendment
Amendment by Pub. L. 105–244effective Oct. 1, 1998, except as otherwise provided in Pub. L. 105–244, see section 3 ofPub. L. 105–244, set out as a note under section 1001 of this title.
Effective Date of 1992 Amendment
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.