Section consists of section 2 of act Mar. 1, 1911. Section
thereof authorizing the establishment of the marine biological station on the Gulf coast of the State of Florida, referred to in text, on the condition that the State of Florida donate the necessary land and water rights, is not classified to the Code. The provisions of said section
requiring donation of the required land and water rights by the State were amended by act Aug. 1, 1914, ch. 223, § 1,38 Stat. 665
, which authorized the donation of the required land and water rights by a corporation, firm, or individual in addition to the State.
Bureau of Fisheries in Department of Commerce which administered marine biological station referred to in text under supervision of Secretary of Commerce transferred to Department of the Interior under direction of Secretary of the Interior by Reorg. Plan No. II of 1939, set out in the Appendix to Title 5, Government Organization and Employees, and by Reorg. Plan No. III of 1940, set out in the Appendix to Title 5. Bureau of Fisheries consolidated with Bureau of Biological Survey into Fish and Wildlife Service in Department of the Interior and under supervision of Secretary of the Interior, which was succeeded by United States Fish and Wildlife Service, see section
“Secretary of Commerce” substituted in text for “Secretary of Commerce and Labor” pursuant to act Mar. 4, 1913, which changed name of Department of Commerce and Labor to Department of Commerce.
The Fish and Wildlife Service established a marine biological station at Sarasota, Florida, during the year 1948.
Secretary of Commerce was authorized to dispose of the marine biological station at Key West, Fla., by act Apr. 29, 1929, ch. 2, 46 Stat. 2
Under communication of the Fish and Wildlife Service dated Nov. 12, 1940, it was stated the land on which was situated this station was reconveyed to the Key West Realty Company by quit claim deed executed by the Secretary of Commerce.