25 U.S. Code § 1164 - Claims

(a) Time for filing; reversion of funds upon failure to file
All claims for per capita shares, whether by a living enrollee or by the heirs or legatees of a deceased enrollee, shall be filed with the area director of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Anadarko, Oklahoma, not later than three years from October 31, 1967. Thereafter, all claims and the right to file same shall be forever barred and the unclaimed shares shall revert to the tribes.
(b) Use of reverted funds
Tribal funds that revert to the tribes pursuant to subsection (a) of this section, including interest and income therefrom, may be advanced or expended for any purpose that is authorized by the tribal governing body.


(Pub. L. 90–117, § 4,Oct. 31, 1967, 81 Stat. 338.)

The table below lists the classification updates, since Jan. 3, 2012, for this section. Updates to a broader range of sections may be found at the update page for containing chapter, title, etc.

The most recent Classification Table update that we have noticed was Tuesday, August 13, 2013

An empty table indicates that we see no relevant changes listed in the classification tables. If you suspect that our system may be missing something, please double-check with the Office of the Law Revision Counsel.

25 USCDescription of ChangeSession YearPublic LawStatutes at Large


LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.