25 U.S. Code § 3006 - Review committee
(1) The Committee  established under subsection (a) of this section shall be composed of 7 members,
(A) 3 of whom shall be appointed by the Secretary from nominations submitted by Indian tribes, Native Hawaiian organizations, and traditional Native American religious leaders with at least 2 of such persons being traditional Indian religious leaders;
(B) 3 of whom shall be appointed by the Secretary from nominations submitted by national museum organizations and scientific organizations; and
(3) In the event vacancies shall occur, such vacancies shall be filled by the Secretary in the same manner as the original appointment within 90 days of the occurrence of such vacancy.
(4) Members of the committee established under subsection (a) of this section shall serve without pay, but shall be reimbursed at a rate equal to the daily rate for GS–18 of the General Schedule for each day (including travel time) for which the member is actually engaged in committee business. Each member shall receive travel expenses, including per diem in lieu of subsistence, in accordance with sections 5702 and 5703 of title 5.
The committee established under subsection (a) of this section shall be responsible for—
(2) monitoring the inventory and identification process conducted under sections 3003 and 3004 of this title to ensure a fair, objective consideration and assessment of all available relevant information and evidence;
(3) upon the request of any affected party, reviewing and making findings related to—
(4) facilitating the resolution of any disputes among Indian tribes, Native Hawaiian organizations, or lineal descendants and Federal agencies or museums relating to the return of such items including convening the parties to the dispute if deemed desirable;
(5) compiling an inventory of culturally unidentifiable human remains that are in the possession or control of each Federal agency and museum and recommending specific actions for developing a process for disposition of such remains;
(6) consulting with Indian tribes and Native Hawaiian organizations and museums on matters within the scope of the work of the committee affecting such tribes or organizations;
(d) Admissibility of records and findings
Any records and findings made by the review committee pursuant to this chapter relating to the identity or cultural affiliation of any cultural items and the return of such items may be admissible in any action brought under section 3013 of this title.
(e) Recommendations and report
The committee shall make the recommendations under paragraph  (c)(5) in consultation with Indian tribes and Native Hawaiian organizations and appropriate scientific and museum groups.
The Secretary shall ensure that the committee established under subsection (a) of this section and the members of the committee have reasonable access to Native American cultural items under review and to associated scientific and historical documents.
(g) Duties of Secretary
The Secretary shall—
(h) Annual report
The committee established under subsection (a) of this section shall submit an annual report to the Congress on the progress made, and any barriers encountered, in implementing this section during the previous year.
The committee established under subsection (a) of this section shall terminate at the end of the 120-day period beginning on the day the Secretary certifies, in a report submitted to Congress, that the work of the committee has been completed.
 So in original. Probably should not be capitalized.
 So in original. Probably should be “subsection”.
Source(Pub. L. 101–601, § 8,Nov. 16, 1990, 104 Stat. 3055.)
References in Other Laws to GS–16, 17, or 18 Pay Rates
References in laws to the rates of pay for GS–16, 17, or 18, or to maximum rates of pay under the General Schedule, to be considered references to rates payable under specified sections of Title 5, Government Organization and Employees, see section 529 [title I, § 101(c)(1)] of Pub. L. 101–509, set out in a note under section 5376 of Title 5.