The payments herein authorized shall be deposited to the credit of the individual Indian money accounts of such Indians subject to expenditure by such Indians, under such rules and regulations as the Secretary of the Interior may prescribe for
(1) industrial and agricultural assistance, and the construction and improvement of homes, including the purchase of land and interests in land, building material, farming equipment, industrial equipment, trucks, livestock, feed, food, seed, tools, machinery, implements, household goods, bedding, clothing, and any other equipment or supplies necessary to enable the Indians to fit themselves for or to engage in the farming, livestock industry, or such other industrial or agricultural pursuits or avocations as will enable them to become self-supporting;
(2) the educational advancement of such Indians;
(3) financial assistance in cases of illness, death, or other emergency;
(4) the repayment of reimbursable debts previously contracted; or
(5) security for or the repayment of loans made to such Indians from any Klamath revolving loan fund now existent or which shall hereafter be created.
Herein, referred to in text, means act June 1, 1938, which comprises this subchapter. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Tables.
The table below lists the classification updates, since Jan. 3, 2012, for this section. Updates to a broader range of sections may be found at the update page for containing chapter, title, etc.
The most recent Classification Table update that we have noticed was Tuesday, August 13, 2013
An empty table indicates that we see no relevant changes listed in the classification tables. If you suspect that our system may be missing something, please double-check with the Office of the Law Revision Counsel.
Description of Change
Statutes at Large
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.