26 U.S. Code § 212 - Expenses for production of income
Written determinations for this section
These documents, sometimes referred to as "Private Letter Rulings", are taken from the IRS Written Determinations page; the IRS also publishes a fuller explanation of what they are and what they mean. The collection is updated (at our end) daily. It appears that the IRS updates their listing every Friday.
Note that the IRS often titles documents in a very plain-vanilla, duplicative way. Do not assume that identically-titled documents are the same, or that a later document supersedes another with the same title. That is unlikely to be the case.
Release dates appear exactly as we get them from the IRS. Some are clearly wrong, but we have made no attempt to correct them, as we have no way guess correctly in all cases, and do not wish to add to the confusion.
We truncate results at 20000 items. After that, you're on your own.
- Trade or Business (Deductible v. Not Deductible) : 2008-10-17
- Expenses for Production of Income : 2008-10-17
- Compensatory, Punitive, etc., Damages : 2002-11-15
- Legal And Accounting Expense : 2002-11-15
- Who is the Taxpayer : 2002-11-15
- Transfer to Corporation Controlled by Transferor : 2002-06-14
- Accuracy-related penalty : 2002-06-14
- Assumption of Liabilities : 2002-06-14
- Form v. Substance : 2002-06-14
- Profit Motive : 2002-06-14
- Leasing Shelter : 2002-06-14
- Trade or Business (Deductible v. Not Deductible) : 2002-06-14
- Transactions Lacking Economic Reality : 2002-06-14
- Allocation of Income and Deductions Among Taxpayers : 2002-06-14
- Tax Matters : 2001-04-13
- Interest : 2001-03-16
- Passive Activity Losses and Credits Limited : 2001-03-16
- Expenses for Production of Income : 2001-03-16
- Gross Income v. Not Gross Income : 2000-08-18
- Expenses for Production of Income : 2000-08-18
- Imposition of Gift Tax (Imposed v. Not Imposed) : 2000-08-18
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.