3 U.S. Code Chapter 1 - PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS AND VACANCIES
- § 1. Time of appointing electors
- § 2. Failure to make choice on prescribed day
- § 3. Number of electors
- § 4. Vacancies in electoral college
- § 5. Determination of controversy as to appointment of electors
- § 6. Credentials of electors; transmission to Archivist of the United States and to Congress; public inspection
- § 7. Meeting and vote of electors
- § 8. Manner of voting
- § 9. Certificates of votes for President and Vice President
- § 10. Sealing and endorsing certificates
- § 11. Disposition of certificates
- § 12. Failure of certificates of electors to reach President of the Senate or Archivist of the United States; demand on State for certificate
- § 13. Same; demand on district judge for certificate
- § 14. Forfeiture for messenger’s neglect of duty
- § 15. Counting electoral votes in Congress
- § 16. Same; seats for officers and Members of two Houses in joint meeting
- § 17. Same; limit of debate in each House
- § 18. Same; parliamentary procedure at joint meeting
- § 19. Vacancy in offices of both President and Vice President; officers eligible to act
- § 20. Resignation or refusal of office
- § 21. Definitions
 So in original. Does not conform to section catchline.
The table below lists the classification updates, since Jan. 3, 2012, for the contained sections. If there are multiple sections, they are presented in section number order (original document order).
The most recent Classification Table update that we have noticed was Tuesday, August 13, 2013
An empty table indicates that we see no relevant changes listed in the classification tables. If you suspect that our system may be missing something, please double-check with the Office of the Law Revision Counsel.
|3 USC||Description of Change||Session Year||Public Law||Statutes at Large|
|§ 15||nt new||2012||112-228 [Sec.] 1||126 Stat. 1610|
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.