31 U.S. Code § 332 - Miscellaneous administrative authority
The Secretary of the Treasury may to the extent provided in advance by appropriation Acts—
(1) contract for the temporary or intermittent services of experts or consultants as authorized by section 3109 of title 5, United States Code, at rates not to exceed the per diem equivalent to the rate for GS–18;
(2) contract with and reimburse the Department of State for health and medical services for employees of the Department of the Treasury and their dependents serving in foreign countries;
(4) maintain, repair, and clean uniforms furnished by the Department of the Treasury to uniformed employees;
(5) provide athletic and related activities for students at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Glynco, Georgia;
(6) install and maintain fencing, lighting, guard booths, and other facilities as necessary for the performance of protective functions of the Department of the Treasury on property not owned by or under jurisdiction and control of the United States Government and, subsequently, to remove the facilities therefrom;
(7) enter into reciprocal assistance agreements with State and local law enforcement agencies and, in connection with the agreements and otherwise, train employees of those agencies, when necessary, with or without reimbursement;
(8) provide laboratory assistance to State and local law enforcement agencies, with or without reimbursement;
(A) when necessary for the performance of official business—
(i) acquire in foreign countries real property by lease for periods not greater than 10 years and personal property for use in foreign countries by purchase, lease, or otherwise, and
Source(Added Pub. L. 98–302, § 3(a),May 25, 1984, 98 Stat. 217.)
Transfer of Functions
For transfer of functions, personnel, assets, and liabilities of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center of the Department of the Treasury to the Secretary of Homeland Security, and for treatment of related references, see sections 203 (4), 551 (d), 552 (d), and 557 of Title 6, Domestic Security, and the Department of Homeland Security Reorganization Plan of November 25, 2002, as modified, set out as a note under section 542 of Title 6.
References in Other Laws to GS–16, 17, or 18 Pay Rates
References in laws to the rates of pay for GS–16, 17, or 18, or to maximum rates of pay under the General Schedule, to be considered references to rates payable under specified sections of Title 5, Government Organization and Employees, see section 529 [title I, § 101(c)(1)] of Pub. L. 101–509, set out in a note under section 5376 of Title 5.