31 U.S. Code § 732a - Critical positions
(a) The Comptroller General may establish senior-level positions to meet critical scientific, technical or professional needs of the Government Accountability Office. An individual serving in such a position shall—
(1) be subject to the laws and regulations applicable to the General Accounting Office Senior Executive Service  under section 733 of this title, with respect to rates of basic pay, performance awards, ranks, carry over of annual leave, benefits, performance appraisals, removal or suspension, and reductions in force;
(2) have the same rights of appeal to the General Accounting Office Personnel Appeals Board  as are provided to the Office Senior Executive Service;
(3) be exempt from the same provisions of law as are made inapplicable to the Office Senior Executive Service under section 733 (d) of this title, except for section 732 (e) of this title;
(4) be entitled to discontinued service retirement under chapter 83 or 84 of title 5 as if a member of the Office Senior Executive Service; and
(5) be subject to reassignment by the Comptroller General to any position in the Office Senior Executive Service under section 733 of this title, as the Comptroller General determines necessary and appropriate.
(b) Senior-level positions under this section may include positions referred to in paragraph (1) or (2) of section 731 (e) of this title.
 See Change of Name note below.
Source(Added Pub. L. 106–303, § 4(a)(1),Oct. 13, 2000, 114 Stat. 1068; amended Pub. L. 108–271, § 8(b),July 7, 2004, 118 Stat. 814; Pub. L. 110–323, § 9(b)(1),Sept. 22, 2008, 122 Stat. 3548.)
2008—Subsec. (b). Pub. L. 110–323substituted “paragraph (1) or (2) of section 731 (e)” for “section 731 (d), (e)(1), or (e)(2)”.
2004—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 108–271substituted “Government Accountability Office” for “General Accounting Office” in introductory provisions.
Change of Name