33 U.S. Code § 3071 - Applicability of certain provisions of title 10
prev | next
(a) Provisions made applicable to the corps
The rules of law that apply to the Armed Forces under the following provisions of title 10, as those provisions are in effect from time to time, apply also to the commissioned officer corps of the Administration:
(3) Section 716, relating to transfers between the armed forces and to and from National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
(5) Section 1036, relating to transportation and travel allowances for escorts for dependents of members.
(6) Section 1052, relating to reimbursement for adoption expenses.
(7) Section 1174a, relating to special separation benefits (except that benefits under subsection (b)(2)(B) of such section are subject to the availability of appropriations for such purpose and are provided at the discretion of the Secretary of Commerce).
(13) Section 2634, relating to transportation of motor vehicles for members on permanent change of station.
The authority vested by title 10 in the “military departments”, “the Secretary concerned”, or “the Secretary of Defense” with respect to the provisions of law referred to in subsection (a) of this section shall be exercised, with respect to the commissioned officer corps of the Administration, by the Secretary of Commerce or the Secretary’s designee.