To finance the establishment, maintenance, and operation of the Service there is hereby authorized to be appropriated, from time to time, such amounts as are necessary to provide for
(1) the acquisition of necessary furniture, furnishings, fixtures, and equipment for the establishment, maintenance, and operation of canteens, warehouses, and storage depots;
(2) stocks of merchandise and supplies for canteens and reserve stocks of same in warehouses and storage depots;
(3) salaries, wages, and expenses of all employees;
(4) administrative and operation expenses; and
(5) adequate working capital for each canteen and for the Service as a whole. Amounts appropriated under the authority contained in this chapter and all income from canteen operations become and will be administered as a revolving fund to effectuate the provisions of this chapter.
1991—Pub. L. 102–40renumbered section
4204 of this title as this section.
1986—Pub. L. 99–576struck out “, amounts heretofore appropriated to carry out Public Law 636, Seventy-ninth Congress,” before “and all income”.
1972—Pub. L. 92–310struck out “and premiums on fidelity bonds of employees” in cl. (4).
The table below lists the classification updates, since Jan. 3, 2012, for this section. Updates to a broader range of sections may be found at the update page for containing chapter, title, etc.
The most recent Classification Table update that we have noticed was Tuesday, August 13, 2013
An empty table indicates that we see no relevant changes listed in the classification tables. If you suspect that our system may be missing something, please double-check with the Office of the Law Revision Counsel.
Description of Change
Statutes at Large
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.