(a) Individual or Class Determinations and Decisions Authorized.—
(1) In general.— Determinations and decisions required to be made under this division by the head of an executive agency or provided in this division or chapters 1 to 11 of title
40 to be made by the Administrator of General Services or other agency head may be made for an individual purchase or contract or, except for determinations or decisions made under sections
3306(a)–(e), and 3308, chapter 37, and section
4702 of this title or to the extent expressly prohibited by another law, for a class of purchases or contracts.
(2) Delegation.— Except as provided in section
3304(a)(7) of this title, and except as provided in section
121(d)(1) and (2) of title
40 with respect to the Administrator of General Services, the agency head, in the discretion and subject to the direction of the agency head, may delegate powers provided by this division or chapters 1 to 11 of title
40, including the making of determinations and decisions described in paragraph (1), to other officers or officials of the agency.
(3) Finality.— The determinations and decisions are final.
(b) Written Findings.—
(1) Basis for certain determinations.— Each determination or decision under section
4706(d)(2)(B) of this title shall be based on a written finding by the individual making the determination or decision. A finding under section
4706(d)(2)(B) shall set out facts and circumstances that support the determination or decision.
(2) Finality.— Each finding referred to in paragraph (1) is final.
(3) Maintaining copies of findings.— The head of an executive agency shall maintain for a period of not less than 6 years a copy of each finding referred to in paragraph (1) that is made by an individual in that executive agency. The period begins on the date of the determination or decision to which the finding relates.
June 30, 1949, ch. 288, title III, § 307, 63 Stat. 396; Pub. L. 85–800, § 5, Aug. 28, 1958, 72 Stat. 967; Pub. L. 89–343, §§ 3, 4, Nov. 8, 1965, 79 Stat. 1303; Pub. L. 98–369, title VII, § 2714(a)(4), July 18, 1984, 98 Stat. 1184; Pub. L. 104–106, title XLIII, § 4321(e)(6), Feb. 10, 1996, 110 Stat. 675; Pub. L. 104–316, title I, § 121(c), Oct. 19, 1996, 110 Stat. 3836.
June 30, 1949, ch. 288, title III, § 312, as added Pub. L. 103–355, title I, § 1553, Oct. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 3300.
The table below lists the classification updates, since Jan. 3, 2012, for this section. Updates to a broader range of sections may be found at the update page for containing chapter, title, etc.
The most recent Classification Table update that we have noticed was Tuesday, August 13, 2013
An empty table indicates that we see no relevant changes listed in the classification tables. If you suspect that our system may be missing something, please double-check with the Office of the Law Revision Counsel.