42 U.S. Code § 10173b - Review Panel
(a) In general
The Review Panel required to be established by section 10173a (b)(1) of this title shall consist of a Chairman selected by the Secretary in consultation with the Governor of the State or governing body of the Indian tribe, as appropriate, that is party to such agreement and 6 other members as follows:
(2) 2 members selected by units of local government affected by the repository or monitored retrievable storage facility;
(3) 1 member to represent persons making payments into the Waste Fund, to be selected by the Secretary; and
(2) Members of the Review Panel who are not full-time employees of the Federal Government, shall receive a per diem compensation for each day spent conducting work of the Review Panel, including their necessary travel or other expenses while engaged in the work of the Review Panel.
The Review Panel shall—
(1) advise the Secretary on matters relating to the proposed repository or monitored retrievable storage facility, including issues relating to design, construction, operation, and decommissioning of the facility;
(2) evaluate performance of the repository or monitored retrievable storage facility, as it considers appropriate;
(4) assist in the presentation of State or affected Indian tribe and local perspectives to the Secretary; and
(e) Federal Advisory Committee Act
The requirements of the Federal Advisory Committee Act shall not apply to a Review Panel established under this subchapter.
 So in original.
Source(Pub. L. 97–425, title I, § 172, as added Pub. L. 100–202, § 101(d) [title III, § 300], Dec. 22, 1987, 101 Stat. 1329–104, 1329–121; Pub. L. 100–203, title V, § 5031,Dec. 22, 1987, 101 Stat. 1330–239.)
References in Text
The Federal Advisory Committee Act, referred to in subsec. (e), is Pub. L. 92–463, Oct. 6, 1972, 86 Stat. 770, as amended, which is set out in the Appendix to Title 5, Government Organization and Employees.