42 U.S. Code § 14099 - State plan requirements
A State Police Corps plan shall—
(1) provide for the screening and selection of participants in accordance with the criteria set out in section 14096 of this title;
(2) state procedures governing the assignment of participants in the Police Corps program to State and local police forces (except with permission of the Director, no more than 25 percent of all the participants assigned in each year by each State to be assigned to a statewide police force or forces);
(3) provide that participants shall be assigned to those geographic areas in which—
(4) provide that to the extent consistent with paragraph (3), a participant shall be assigned to an area near the participant’s home or such other place as the participant may request;
(5) provide that to the extent feasible, a participant’s assignment shall be made at the time the participant is accepted into the program, subject to change—
(A) prior to commencement of a participant’s fourth year of undergraduate study, under such circumstances as the plan may specify; and
(6) provide that no participant shall be assigned to serve with a local police force—
(7) provide that participants shall be placed and to the extent feasible kept on community and preventive patrol;
(9) provide that the State may decline to offer a participant an appointment following completion of Federal training, or may remove a participant from the Police Corps program at any time, only for good cause (including failure to make satisfactory progress in a course of educational study) and after following reasonable review procedures stated in the plan; and
(10) provide that a participant shall, while serving as a member of a police force, be compensated at the same rate of pay and benefits and enjoy the same rights under applicable agreements with labor organizations and under State and local law as other police officers of the same rank and tenure in the police force of which the participant is a member.
Source(Pub. L. 103–322, title XX, § 200110,Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2056; Pub. L. 107–273, div. C, title I, § 11006(3),Nov. 2, 2002, 116 Stat. 1817.)
2002—Par. (2). Pub. L. 107–273substituted “except with permission of the Director, no more than 25 percent” for “no more than 10 percent”.