42 U.S. Code § 16271 - Nuclear energy
prev | next
(a) In general
The Secretary shall conduct programs of civilian nuclear energy research, development, demonstration, and commercial application, including activities described in this part. Programs under this part shall take into consideration the following objectives:
(4) Maintaining National Laboratory and university nuclear programs, including their infrastructure.
(5) Supporting both individual researchers and multidisciplinary teams of researchers to pioneer new approaches in nuclear energy, science, and technology.
(6) Developing, planning, constructing, acquiring, and operating special equipment and facilities for the use of researchers.
(7) Supporting technology transfer and other appropriate activities to assist the nuclear energy industry, and other users of nuclear science and engineering, including activities addressing reliability, availability, productivity, component aging, safety, and security of nuclear power plants.
(b) Authorization of appropriations for core programs
There are authorized to be appropriated to the Secretary to carry out nuclear energy research, development, demonstration, and commercial application activities, including activities authorized under this part, other than those described in subsection (c)—
(c) Nuclear infrastructure and facilities
There are authorized to be appropriated to the Secretary to carry out activities under section 16275 of this title—
From amounts authorized under subsection (a), the following sums are authorized:
(1) For activities under section 16273 of this title—
(2) For activities under section 16274 of this title—
(3) For activities under section 16277 of this title, $6,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2007 through 2009.