42 U.S. Code § 16921 - Megan Nicole Kanka and Alexandra Nicole Zapp Community Notification Program
(a) Establishment of Program
There is established the Megan Nicole Kanka and Alexandra Nicole Zapp Community Notification Program (hereinafter in this section referred to as the “Program”).
(b) Program notification
Except as provided in subsection (c), immediately after a sex offender registers or updates a registration, an appropriate official in the jurisdiction shall provide the information in the registry (other than information exempted from disclosure by the Attorney General) about that offender to the following:
(1) The Attorney General, who shall include that information in the National Sex Offender Registry or other appropriate databases.
(2) Appropriate law enforcement agencies (including probation agencies, if appropriate), and each school and public housing agency, in each area in which the individual resides, is an employee or is a student.
(3) Each jurisdiction where the sex offender resides, is an employee, or is a student, and each jurisdiction from or to which a change of residence, employment, or student status occurs.
(4) Any agency responsible for conducting employment-related background checks under section 5119a of this title.
(6) Volunteer organizations in which contact with minors or other vulnerable individuals might occur.