42 U.S. Code § 17355 - Powers of the Foundation; related provisions
(3) may make and perform such contracts, grants, and other agreements with any person or government however designated and wherever situated, as may be necessary for carrying out the functions of the Foundation;
(4) may determine and prescribe the manner in which its obligations shall be incurred and its expenses allowed and paid, including expenses for representation;
(5) may lease, purchase, or otherwise acquire, improve, and use such real property wherever situated, as may be necessary for carrying out the functions of the Foundation;
(6) may accept money, funds, services, or property (real, personal, or mixed), tangible or intangible, made available by gift, bequest  grant, or otherwise for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this subchapter from domestic or foreign private individuals, charities, nongovernmental organizations, corporations, or governments;
(7) may use the United States mails in the same manner and on the same conditions as the executive departments;
(8) may contract with individuals for personal services, who shall not be considered Federal employees for any provision of law administered by the Office of Personnel Management;
(b) Principal office
The Foundation shall maintain its principal office in the metropolitan area of Washington, District of Columbia.
(c) Applicability of Government Corporation Control Act
(1) In general
(d) Inspector General
(1) In general
The Inspector General of the Department of State shall serve as Inspector General of the Foundation, and, in acting in such capacity, may conduct reviews, investigations, and inspections of all aspects of the operations and activities of the Foundation.
(2) Authority of the Board
In carrying out the responsibilities under this subsection, the Inspector General shall report to and be under the general supervision of the Board.
(3) Reimbursement and authorization of services
The Foundation shall reimburse the Department of State for all expenses incurred by the Inspector General in connection with the Inspector General’s responsibilities under this subsection.
(B) Authorization for services
Of the amount authorized to be appropriated under section 17357 (a) of this title for a fiscal year, up to $500,000 is authorized to be made available to the Inspector General of the Department of State to conduct reviews, investigations, and inspections of operations and activities of the Foundation.
 So in original. A comma probably should appear.
Source(Pub. L. 110–140, title IX, § 925,Dec. 19, 2007, 121 Stat. 1736.)
References in Text
This subchapter, referred to in subsec. (a)(6), was in the original “this title”, meaning title IX of Pub. L. 110–140, Dec. 19, 2007, 121 Stat. 1725, which enacted this subchapter and amended section 5314 of Title 5, Government Organization and Employees, section 9101 of Title 31, Money and Finance, and section 3021 of Title 50, War and National Defense. For complete classification of title IX to the Code, see Tables.