42 U.S. Code § 3766b - Reports
prev | next
(a) Each State which receives a grant under section 3755 of this title shall submit to the Director, for each year in which any part of such grant is expended by a State or unit of local government, a report which contains—
(1) a summary of the activities carried out with such grant and an assessment of the impact of such activities on meeting the purposes of part A of this subchapter;
(2) a summary of the activities carried out in such year with any grant received under part B of this subchapter by such State;
(4) an explanation of how the Federal funds provided under this subchapter were coordinated with State agencies receiving Federal funds for drug abuse education, prevention, treatment, and research activities; and
Such report shall be submitted in such form and by such time as the Director may require by rule.
(b) Not later than 180 days after the end of each fiscal year for which grants are made under this subchapter, the Director shall submit to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President pro tempore of the Senate a report that includes with respect to each State—
(1) the aggregate amount of grants made under part A of this subchapter and part B of this subchapter to such State for such fiscal year;
(2) the amount of such grants awarded for each of the purposes specified in part A of this subchapter;
(3) a summary of the information provided in compliance with paragraphs (1) and (2) of subsection (a) of this section;
(4) an explanation of how Federal funds provided under this subchapter have been coordinated with Federal funds provided to States for drug abuse education, prevention, treatment, and research activities; and
Source(Pub. L. 90–351, title I, § 522, as added Pub. L. 100–690, title VI, § 6091(a),Nov. 18, 1988, 102 Stat. 4337; amended Pub. L. 109–162, title XI, § 1111(c)(2)(C),Jan. 5, 2006, 119 Stat. 3101.)
For prior sections 523, 524, and 526 to 528 ofPub. L. 90–351and prior sections 3767 and 3768 of this title, see note set out preceding section 3750 of this title.
2006—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 109–162substituted “section 3755” for “section 3756” in introductory provisions and “an assessment of the impact of such activities on meeting the purposes of part A of this subchapter” for “an assessment of the impact of such activities on meeting the needs identified in the State strategy submitted under section 3753 of this title” in par. (1).
Effective Date of 2006 Amendment
Amendment by Pub. L. 109–162applicable with respect to the first fiscal year beginning after Jan. 5, 2006, and each fiscal year thereafter, see section 1111(d) ofPub. L. 109–162, set out as a note under section 3750 of this title.
Transfer of Functions
Effective Aug. 1, 2000, all functions of Director of Bureau of Justice Assistance, other than those enumerated in section 3742 (3) to (6) of this title, transferred to Assistant Attorney General for Office of Justice Programs, see section 1000(a)(1) [title I, § 108(b)] of Pub. L. 106–113, set out as a note under section 3741 of this title.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.