42 U.S. Code § 9875 - Application and description of activities; requirements
(1) In order to receive an allotment under section 9872 of this title, each State shall submit an application to the Secretary. Each such application shall be in such form and submitted by such date as the Secretary shall require.
(2) Each application required under paragraph (1) for an allotment under section 9872 of this title shall contain assurances that the State will meet the requirements of subsection (b) of this section.
As part of the annual application required by subsection (a) of this section, the chief executive officer of each State shall—
(1) certify that the State agrees to use the funds allotted to it under section 9872 of this title in accordance with the requirements of this subchapter; and
(2) certify that the State agrees that Federal funds made available under section 9873 of this title for any period will be so used as to supplement and increase the level of State, local, and other non-Federal funds that would in the absence of such Federal funds be made available for the programs and activities for which funds are provided under that section and will in no event supplant such State, local, and other non-Federal funds.
The Secretary may not prescribe for a State the manner of compliance with the requirements of this subsection.
(c) Description; intended use of payments; comments; revision
(1) The chief executive officer of a State shall, as part of the application required by subsection (a) of this section, also prepare and furnish the Secretary (in accordance with such form as the Secretary shall provide) with a description of the intended use of the payments the State will receive under section 9873 of this title, including information on the programs and activities to be supported. The description shall be made public within the State in such manner as to facilitate comment from any person (including any Federal or other public agency) during development of the description and after its transmittal. The description shall be revised (consistent with this section) until September 30, 1991, as may be necessary to reflect substantial changes in the programs and activities assisted by the State under this subchapter, and any revision shall be subject to the requirements of the preceding sentence.
(2) The chief executive officer of each State shall include in such a description of—
(A) the number of children who participated in before and after school child care programs assisted under this subchapter;
(B) the characteristics of the children so served including age levels, handicapped condition, income level of families in such programs;
(d) Application to Public Health Service Act
Except where inconsistent with the provisions of this subchapter, the provisions of section 1903 (b) [42 U.S.C. 300w–2 (b)], paragraphs (1) through (5) of section 1906 (a)  [42 U.S.C. 300w–5 (a)], and sections 1906 (b), 1907, 1908, and 1909 [42 U.S.C. 300w–5 (b), 300w–6, 300w–7, 300w–8] of the Public Health Service Act shall apply to this subchapter in the same manner as such provisions apply to part A of title XIX of such Act [42 U.S.C. 300w et seq.].
 See References in Text note below.
Source(Pub. L. 97–35, title VI, § 670E, as added Pub. L. 98–558, title I, § 109,Oct. 30, 1984, 98 Stat. 2882; amended Pub. L. 101–501, title III, §§ 304, 305 (b),Nov. 3, 1990, 104 Stat. 1249, 1250.)
References in Text
The Public Health Service Act, referred to in subsec. (d), is act July 1, 1944, ch. 373, 58 Stat. 682, as amended. Part A of title XIX of the Public Health Service Act is classified generally to part A (§ 300w et seq.) of subchapter XVII of chapter 6A of this title. Section 1906(a) of the Act, which is classified to section 300w–5 (a) of this title, was amended generally by Pub. L. 102–531, title I, § 104(a),Oct. 27, 1992, 106 Stat. 3473, and, as so amended, consists of pars. (1) to (4) rather than pars. (1) to (5). For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 201 of this title and Tables.
1990—Subsec. (c). Pub. L. 101–501, § 305(b), which directed that “until September 30, 1987,” be struck out, could not be executed, because of the intervening amendment by Pub. L. 101–501, § 304, see below.
Pub. L. 101–501, § 304, designated existing provisions as par. (1), substituted “September 30, 1991” for “September 30, 1987”, and added par. (2).
Effective Date of 1990 Amendment