43 U.S. Code § 509a - Project beneficiaries
prev | next
(a) Notice of modification
On identifying a Bureau of Reclamation facility for modification, the Secretary shall provide to the project beneficiaries written notice—
(1) describing the need for the modification and the process for identifying and implementing the modification; and
The Secretary shall—
(1) provide project beneficiaries an opportunity to consult with the Bureau of Reclamation on the planning, design, and construction of the proposed modification; and
(1) Prior to submitting the reports required under section 509 of this title, the Secretary shall consider any alternative submitted in writing, in accordance with the timeframes established under subsection (b) of this section, by a project beneficiary that has elected to consult with the Bureau of Reclamation on a modification.
(2) The Secretary shall provide to the project beneficiary a timely written response describing proposed actions, if any, to address the recommendation.
(3) The response of the Secretary shall be included in the reports required by section 509 of this title.