43 U.S. Code § 751b - Surveys in Nome and Fairbanks districts
The Secretary of the Interior or such officer as he may designate, shall furnish the land offices at Nome and Fairbanks a sufficient quantity of numbers to be used in the different classes of official surveys that may be made in the Nome and Fairbanks land districts to meet the requirements thereof, and upon application by any person desiring to have an official survey made such officers as the Secretary of the Interior may designate shall furnish a number or numbers for such survey or surveys, together with an order directing a qualified deputy surveyor to make the same, and such application, order, and the fee required to be paid shall be transmitted to the Secretary of the Interior or such officer as he may designate: Provided, That all surveys thus made shall be approved by the Secretary of the Interior or such officer as he may designate.
Source(Mar. 2, 1907, ch. 2537, § 4,34 Stat. 1232; Mar. 3, 1925, ch. 462, 43 Stat. 1144; Oct. 9, 1942, ch. 584, § 2,56 Stat. 779; 1946 Reorg. Plan No. 3, § 403, eff. July 16, 1946, 11 F.R. 7876, 60 Stat. 1100.)
Act Oct. 9, 1942, ch. 584, § 2,56 Stat. 779, cited as a credit to this section, was repealed by Pub. L. 89–554, § 8(a),Sept. 6, 1966, 80 Stat. 651.
Transfer of Functions
For transfer of functions of other officers, employees, and agencies of Department of the Interior, with certain exceptions, to Secretary of the Interior, with power to delegate, see Reorg. Plan No. 3 of 1950, §§ 1, 2, eff. May 24, 1950, 15 F.R. 3174, 64 Stat. 1262, set out under section 1451 of this title.
Functions of Supervisor of Surveys and Registers transferred to Secretary of the Interior or those officers as he may designate by section 403 of Reorg. Plan No. 3 of 1946. See note set out under section 1 of this title.
References to “receivers” changed to “registers” by act Oct. 9, 1942, which abolished office of receiver and transferred functions to an employee to be designated by Secretary and to be performed under title “register”.
Act Mar. 3, 1925, abolished office of surveyor general and transferred administration of all activities in charge of surveyors general to Field Surveying Service under jurisdiction of United States Supervisor of Surveys.