(Aug. 1, 1950, ch. 512, § 2,64 Stat. 384.)
Effective Date; Continuation of Federal Administration
Section 34 of act Aug. 1, 1950, provided that on the 21st day of July 1950, the authority and powers conferred by this chapter would come into force, and authorized the President, for a period not to exceed one year from Aug. 1, 1950, to continue the administration of Guam in all or in some respects as provided by law, Executive order, or local regulation in force on Aug. 1, 1950. It further authorized the President in his discretion to place in operation all or some of the provisions of this chapter if practicable before the expiration of the period of one year.
Short Title of 2002 Amendment
Pub. L. 107–212
, § 1,Aug. 21, 2002, 116 Stat. 1051
, provided that: “This Act [amending section
of this title and enacting provisions set out as a note under section
of this title] may be cited as the ‘Guam Foreign Investment Equity Act’.”
Short Title of 1998 Amendment
Pub. L. 105–291
, § 1,Oct. 27, 1998, 112 Stat. 2785
, provided that: “This Act [amending sections
of this title] may be cited as the ‘Guam Organic Act Amendments of 1998’.”
Short Title of 1968 Amendments
Pub. L. 90–601
, § 1,Oct. 17, 1968, 82 Stat. 1172
, provided that: “This Act [enacting sections
of this title] may be cited as the ‘Guam Development Fund Act of 1968’.”
Pub. L. 90–497
, § 14,Sept. 11, 1968, 82 Stat. 848
, provided that: “This Act [enacting section
of this title and section
, Armed Forces, amending sections
of this title, and enacting provisions set out as notes under this section and section
of this title] may be cited as the ‘Guam Elective Governor Act’.”
Act Aug. 1, 1950, ch. 512, § 1,64 Stat. 384
, provided that: “This Act [enacting this chapter and amending section
, Aliens and Nationality] may be cited as the ‘Organic Act of Guam’.”
Political Union Between Territory of Guam and Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, Effects on Rights and Entitlements
In event of political union between Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, there shall be no diminution of rights or entitlements, nor any adverse effects on any funds authorized or appropriated, see section
of this title.
Analysis of Capital Infrastructure Needs of Guam for 1985 to 1990 Timeframe; Report to Congress; Contents
Pub. L. 95–348
, § 1(a)(6),Aug. 18, 1978, 92 Stat. 487
, provided that the Secretary prepare and transmit to the Congress no later than July 1, 1979, an analysis of the capital infrastructure needs of Guam for the 1985 to 1990 timeframe.
Submerged Lands, Conveyance to Territory
Conveyance of submerged lands to the government of Guam, see section
et seq. of this title.
Ex. Ord. No. 10077. Transfer of Administration of Guam
Ex. Ord. No. 10077, eff. Sept. 7, 1949, 14
, as amended by Ex. Ord. No. 10137, eff. June 30, 1950, 15
1. The administration of the Island of Guam is hereby transferred from the Secretary of the Navy to the Secretary of the Interior, such transfer to become effective on August 1, 1950.
2. The Department of the Navy and the Department of the Interior shall proceed with the plans for the transfer of the administration of the Island of Guam as embodied in the above mentioned memorandum of understanding between the two departments.
3. When the transfer of administration made by this order becomes effective, the Secretary of the Interior shall take such action as may be necessary and appropriate, and in harmony with applicable law, for the administration of civil government on the Island of Guam.
4. The executive departments and agencies of the Government are authorized and directed to cooperate with the Departments of the Navy and Interior in the effectuation of the provisions of this order.
5. The said Executive Order No. 108–A of December 23, 1898, is revoked, effective July 1, 1950.