(Mar. 4, 1925, ch. 563, 43 Stat. 1357.)
Section was formerly classified to section
of this title.
Transfer of Personal Property to Government of American Samoa
Pub. L. 96–597
, title I, § 101,Dec. 24, 1980, 94 Stat. 3477
, provided that: “Notwithstanding any other provision of law and subject to valid existing rights, all right, title, and interest of the Government of the United States in personal property situated in American Samoa shall be transferred, without reimbursement, to the American Samoa government on October 1, 1981, unless the agency of the Government of the United States having administrative responsibility for the property advises the Secretary of the Interior in writing before the date of transfer that it has a continuing requirement for such property.”
Transfer of Certain Property to Government of American Samoa
Pub. L. 87–158
, Aug. 17, 1961, 75 Stat. 392
, authorized the Secretary of the Navy to transfer, without reimbursement or transfer of funds, to the government of American Samoa, within ninety days after August 17, 1961, title to all property, real and personal, located in American Samoa on that date which was owned by the United States and was within the administrative supervision of the Department of the Navy on such date.
Submerged Lands, Conveyance to Territory
Conveyance of submerged lands to the government of American Samoa, see section
et seq. of this title.
Ex. Ord. No. 10264. Transfer of Administration of American Samoa
Ex. Ord. No. 10264, eff. June 29, 1951, 16
1. The administration of American Samoa is hereby transferred from the Secretary of the Navy to the Secretary of the Interior, such transfer to become effective on July 1, 1951.
2. The Department of the Navy and the Department of the Interior shall proceed with the plans for the transfer of administration of American Samoa as embodied in the above-mentioned memorandum of understanding between the two departments.
3. When the transfer of administration made by this order becomes effective, the Secretary of the Interior shall take such action as may be necessary and appropriate, and in harmony with applicable law, for the administration of civil government in American Samoa.
4. The executive departments and agencies of the Government are authorized and directed to cooperate with the Departments of the Navy and Interior in the effectuation of the provisions of this order.
5. The said Executive order of February 19, 1900 [Ex. Ord. 125–A], is revoked, effective July 1, 1951.
Harry S Truman.